South Bay Crocodile Mountain Scenic Area of Weizhou Island, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region)
( 涠洲岛南湾鳄鱼山景区 wéi zhōu dǎo nán wān è yú shān jǐng qū)
Location: Weizhou town, Haicheng district, Beihai city, Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region
Scenic Spot Level: AAAAA
General admission: 98 yuan ($15.11)/person
1. Children who are under the age of 6 or 1.2 meters (inclusive) in height, senior citizens aged 65 and above, reporters, tour guides, and residents from Weizhou Island can enter free of charge.
2. Half-price concessions are available for children who are between 1.2 meters (exclusive) and 1.4 meters (inclusive), students who are between 6 (exclusive) and 14 years old, people aged between 60 and 65, full-time university undergraduates, primary and secondary school students, people who have a disability, and service and police personnel from Guangxi Zhuang autonomous region.
3. Residents and police personnel from Beihai city are charged 30 yuan (except on public holidays).
4. The swimming area on the island is located in the Shi Luokou and Dishui Danping scenic areas. Please do not swim in any other area.
5. Do not take unauthorized speedboats to reach the island.
6. The coastal weather is windy and the beach is wet and slippery. Please follow the relevant regulations and safety tips.
7. Please respect the customs and habits of islanders, and protect the ecological environment of the island.
8. It is forbidden to destroy or take volcanic rocks, coral reef specimens, fossil products, or marine fragments off the island.
Covering 3.8 square kilometers, the South Bay Crocodile Mountain Scenic Area of Weizhou Island is home to Crocodile Mountain, the Five-Color Beach, the Red Square, and the Nanwan Ocean Sports Park. Thanks to its stunning island landscapes, typical volcanic geological relics, odd sea erosion landscapes, rich ecological tourism resources, and warm climate, this scenic spot is renowned at home and abroad.
Located on Crocodile Ridge, Crocodile Mountain was named after its resemblance to a crocodile crawling in the sea from a distance. The mountain, with 17 scenic spots, offers the most typical volcano crater in China, the richest volcanic landscape in China, and the best preserved volcanic remains from the country’s different historical periods.
Located on eastern Weizhou Island, Five-Color Beach was named after its colorful marine erosion platform under the sunshine during ebb tides. When the tide ebbs, a large number of sea erosion platforms are exposed and polished by the seawater, and resemble a magnificent impressionistic scroll. It’s also one of the best places to watch the sunrise.
At the Five-Color Beach Scenic Area, you can also see the trinity of the geological structure of the sea cliffs, the sea cave, and the marine erosion platform at the same time, a rare sight in the world. You can also see ancient stone quarries left by Weizhou ancestors who built houses with local materials.
Covering 1.06 hectares, the Nanwan Ocean Sports Park is a confluence of marine entertainment and accommodation. It provides tourists with comfortable experiential methods, such as yachts and sailboats tours, for traveling around the island and seeing Weizhou Island’s different scenery from the vast ocean.
Last Updated: Jan 25, 2021